You are here: Home Englisch
the Otjikoko Game Ranch
The Otjikoko Game Ranch, owned by the Haag family since 1978, lies in the central Highlands and is situated about 190 km (about 119 miles) northwest of Namibia’s capital city Windhoek in the district of Omaruru in one of the country's game and spiecies-richest areas. We pick up our guests on arrival at Windhoek Airport. The guesthouses are situated directly near the farmhouse and the rooms are equipped with bath, shower and toilette; room-service and a laundry service is included. The main house is also equipped with telephone, fax and an internet connection.
On hotter days, a dip in the pool may help to refresh you or you may prefer to relax under the shade of trees with a glass of wine - in any case, the richly planted acreage and a citrus fruits plantation provide for a special atmosphere.
We meet for breakfast and meals in the farmhouse. Breakfast is continental style and our main meals are various wild game recipes, complimented with vegetables and fruit. Of course, this is also the best time to plan the day or relax after a tiring hunt. We use this time to get to know you better, your needs and wishes, in a friendly and uncomplicated atmosphere.
Our experienced guides and drivers along with our off-road vehicles are available if you wish to plan your own hunt or observation drive. We also have contacts with renowned car rental agencies in case you wish to rent a car for trips outside the ranch.
Medical care, pharmacies, banks and shopping opportunities all lie at hand, either in Omaruru or Okahandja.
Our goal is to provide you with an unforgettable hunting experience. We organise everything around your wishes and expectations, providing you with all the time and freedom you need to enjoy your stay at the Otjikoko Game Ranch.
• In order to preserve a healthy wild stock, only mature Trophies may be hunted.
• carrying a weapon in the bush outside the housing area counts as hunt
• If Leopard, Cheetah or Brown Hyena are wished to be hunted it is essential to discuss that with us BEFORE making a booking!
• Weapons and ammunition: This is regulated and according to the Namibian hunting laws:
Springbok and smaller: 1.350 Joule muzzle energy
All other wild stock: 2.700 Joule (e.g. Eland, Oryx, Kudu, Waterbuck, Wilebeest)
Recommended caliber: 30-06 Springfield / .300 Win. or Weatherby Mag. / .388 Win. 8x68 S / 9,3x62 / 9,3x64 / .375 H&H
Big game: 5.400 Joule (e.g. Buffalo, Elephant)
• The importation of a max. of 80 rounds is permitted. The use of full-metal-jacket ammunition is not allowed (exception: elephant). In all cases, a repeating firearm is recommended. The import of automatic or semi-automatic weapons or handguns to Namibia is strictly prohibited! Do not forget your gun permit card.
Otjikoko Game Ranch, owned by the Haag family since 1978, is situated in the district of Omaruru 190km northwest of and about a 3 hours drive from Namibia's capital Windhoek and Hosea Kutako International Airport. We are looking forward to personally welcoming you there. Otjikoko Game Ranch is surrounded by a scenic mountain range which consists mainly of granitic rocks. Our four water dams and various smaller waterholes and standposts attract a wide variety of occuring game species.